Yoga has been considered to be the practice of mental and physical development with a final goal to encounter a higher level of consciousness. The main purpose of yoga is to calm mental pressure that one is plagued with. Yoga teacher training India course promotes the value of yoga while also increasing the psychological well being. In comparison to other aspects of well being, yoga helps in significantly lifting mental health of an individual. Studies have shown that yoga has proven to be a method of improving mental health, reducing anxiety, depression and any stress conditions that come as a result of traumas.
The most important thing to be noted here is the fact yoga proves to change the function and structure of the brain. As a result, it helps in supporting the mental and emotional health. There have been many trials conducted on the effects of yoga and meditation on the brain functioning since the time of the 1960s but a major breakthrough was achieved in the year 2007 by Chris Streeter and his teammates. The studies done by them revealed that with just one hour of yoga, there was a vital increase noted in the chemicals that play the role of most important brain inhibitor. Yoga is basically a whole new psychology that assists in working closely with the nature of being human and the way in which the emotions affect the behaviours of people. Not just mental health, yoga also helps in finding a solution to low self esteem and confidence issues. The yoga teacher training in Rishikesh helps in reclaiming the deeper the roots and not just the basic mental health.
Given below are some of the ways in which yoga helps in improving mental health:
1. Relaxed mind: With a viewpoint of a physical perspective, the toning and strengthening engaged with yoga loosens up the body and improves the blood supply while supplementing the muscles. Yoga also helps in discharging the connective tissue, improving the manner in which we move and feel, all of which bolsters emotional wellness. In comparison to other physical activities, yoga has the maximum benefit when we talk about mental health and emotional stability.
2. Calms the nervous system: Yoga helps in shifting your body from the sympathetic nervous system to the parasympathetic nervous system. To put it simply it calms the nervous system and allows it to rest and digest in a better way. The result in less anxiety and a state of relaxation. Breathing deeply also allows the nervous system to be in a state of tranquillity.
3. A better sense of self: Yoga helps a person become acquainted with the self and develop an increasingly nonjudgmental association with the self. The result is a deep form of confidence, self-trust and a better sense of self. You practice more and eat more beneficially on the grounds that your body and mind becomes at ease with finding calm even in the most difficult situations of life. At the day’s end, everything descends to your association with yourself. When you get increasingly sure and become more established in your feeling of self, you build up a sound, adjusted sense of self, where you accept yourself just as you are and you have nothing left to cover up. You become bold, with high determination. You’re not scared of troublesome discussion and you realize regardless that your mind is strong enough to find the solution of whatever life throws at you.
4. Improves the relationships: Yoga allows a person to be progressively focused and increasingly tranquil with the self. This allows a person to be calm and think better thoughts because of which all the relationships in life get improved. A person who practices yoga will be able to see their partner with utmost love, care and respect. Another thing that comes is a controlled state of mind during the tough times. It becomes easy to realize that snapping at the people you love is not an intelligent decision.
5. Getting rid of shadow aspects: The practice of yoga helps in making a person realise about the qualities that a person is usually unaware of. This further helps in making a person mindful. Basically the shadow aspects of a person are highlighted and addressed so that it becomes easy to get rid of them. The human body holds stress, tightness and knots of bad energy in the body. These areas are where the emotional energy gets together and creates pain. Yoga asanas are important to get rid of these knots. For example, something as simple as a backbend will open the heart and discharges the firmness between the shoulder bones eventually helping in an emotional release which you could conceivably be aware of. It’s tied in with doing the internal work to move or change and be available to do your best with any shortcomings.
Author Bio– Devakar Sandhu is one of the most passionate yogis and avid travellers. Working with Ekam Yogashala, he aims to spread the divine knowledge of yoga amongst as many people as possible. Ekam Yogashala holds many types of yoga events like that of yoga teacher training India, yoga retreats, yoga workshops, etc. The primary aim of Devakar is to help people evacuate anxiety, strain and undesirable contemplations by adjusting an all encompassing and customary way of thinking, growing one’s very own consciousness, and by utilizing its technique for training. You can interact with Devakar through his website: https://www.ekamyogashala.com