From a bodybuilder’s viewpoint one of the most important body areas is the back. Not only can it be visually outstanding however a strong back is necessary for extensive training and day to day living. In bodybuilding you are aiming for three things with regard to establishing the back muscles:
– Thickness of the upper back (traps).
– Wide lats.
– Highly specified lower back (back erectors and lower lats).
As a newbie there are five necessary workouts for developing these muscles rapidly:
1. Dumbbell shrugs – 3 sets of 10-15 reps. This workout will develop the traps.
2. Seated V-bar cable rows – 3 sets of 10-15 reps. This exercise will establish the mid upper back.
3. Bent over barbell rows – 3 sets of 10-15 reps. This workout will include thickness to the upper back.
4. Pullups – Aim for 25 reps. This workout will enhance the whole back.
5. Pulldowns – 3 sets of 10-15 reps. This workout will define the lats.
Similar to all workouts you need to make sure in scheduling particular body parts. To begin with you need to include your back exercises into a program just like the one suggested below:
Day 1: Biceps, Back, Abs
Day 2: Hamstrings, Shoulders, Abs
Day 3: Quads, Forearms, Calves
Day 4: Triceps, Chest, Abs
For the very first few weeks complete one set but then add one set weekly to an optimum of three. At the end of three months you will be ready to move on to more extensive intermediate level workouts.
Download our Free e-book and change your life today.